Certificate in Therapy Services
Want a career in the Allied Health Care?
Want a course that is hands-on rather than theoretical?
Consider the Certificate in Therapy Services.
This course aims to provide people already working or wishing to enter the Community and Social Services environment with the skills and knowledge required to effectively execute their job duties in Community Development, Disability Services, Senior Services, and Therapy Services.
It is also appropriate for any professional who wishes to acquire skills and knowledge from any of the 12 competency units (modules) offered in the course. A WSQ certificate, known as the Statement of Attainment, will be offered for each module successfully completed.
Upon completion of this 3-month full-time or 6-month part-time course, graduates are fully certified and can immediately start work as a therapy aide in various healthcare settings.
- Course Information
- Support Clients in Their Activities of Daily Living and Leisure
- Apply Common Processes in Therapy Services
- Transport Senior Services Clients
- Assist the Therapist in The Provision of Therapy Services and Programmes to Meet Special Needs of Clients
- Support Clients to Maximise Their Independence and Physical Ability
- Prepare and Maintain Therapy Equipment and Appliances
- Assist Clients to Learn to Use Alternative and Augmentative Communication (AAC) Systems
- Assist in the Provision of a Safe, Hygienic and Supportive Environment
- Assist Therapist or Therapist Assistant to Conduct Therapy Programmes
- Follow Workplace Safety and Health (WSH) procedures
- Work within a legal and ethical framework
- Demonstrate First Aid/Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) skills
Release of Transcript and Certificate
A student's certificate, transcript, or letter of recommendation will not be released until all financial obligations are satisfied in full. A student with outstanding fees will not be allowed to enroll in a subsequent course until all fees are paid.
Full-time: 3 months with 3-hour lessons/day, 5 days/week
Part-time: 6 months with 3-hour lessons/day, 3 days/week
Mode of delivery
The course is delivered face-to-face, in classroom mode.
Assignments, assessment tasks, portfolios, practicals.
In case of failure of a module, student is allowed to take up to 1 supplementary assessment with payment of the appropriate fee. Modules are independent of each other.
January, April, Juy, October
(Intake will commence only when minimum student numbers are met.)
Deadline for Application
One month before commencement
To graduate, a student must have completed and passed all 12 modules.
- Entry Requirement
Minimum Secondary Two qualification.
- Fees Payable
Course fee: S$550 / module
Materials fee: S$50 / module
(Non-refundable & Non-transferable)
Local students: S$53.50 (inclusive of 7% GST)
International students: S$321 (inclusive of 7% GST)#
#For Student's Pass holders only (Not applicable to Singaporeans / PRs/Employment Pass / Dependant Pass holders)
Insurance Fees- Fee Protection Scheme***: Subject to prevailing market rate- Medical Insurance Fee****: Subject to prevailing market rate***The Fee Protection Scheme (FPS) serves to protect students’ paid fees.****It is compulsory for all local and international students to purchase medical insurance which is valid throughout their course of studies with the CSM Academy International. Local students (Singaporeans, PRs & Non-student’s Pass holders) may opt-out for this scheme if they can provide the proof of adequate medical insurance coverage in Singapore.
• Payment of fee is in Singapore Dollars.
• Payment method only by Cheque/ Nets/ Telegraphic Transfer